Choosing a Sydney Laser Clinic
As with any procedure one has done on their body, the person will have to decide which clinic is best suited for him or her. Sure, there are many attractive offers online and in print, but how can one fully know if the clinic is the right choice? Obviously one should want a clinic that is reputable, but also one that offers services that are going to be effective. Asking questions and getting straight answers before committing to a clinic is the way to go. Research the clinic first and one could save pain on not only the body but also on the checkbook!
What Questions Should I Ask Before Picking a Clinic in Sydney?
There are some questions that one should ask when choosing a Sydney Laser Clinic. By asking these questions, one will be able to see if the clinic will be able to perform the procedures in the best manner.
- What are your qualifications? This is the first question that always should be asked. If the laser clinic is not ran by professionals that have been properly trained, one will want to keep searching. Especially if you are looking for more risky procedures like Botox. One should see if the Sydney Laser Clinic is certified by the device manufacturer, as well as having staff that is medically trained to operate the device. Each person operating the machine should be properly trained and have experience. Certificates of training should be posted, and if they are not, ask to see them.
- Ask who exactly will be performing the procedure. Many times clinics will state a licensed physician is staffed, but he or she may not always be in the office. Only agree to a clinic if the licensed physician is in office at all hours, performing the procedure.
- Ask what types of lasers are currently available in the office. There are many different kinds of lasers on the market, but each one is not suitable for every treatment. Make sure the procedure you want done is compatible with the laser equipment the clinic has on hand.
- Ask how much a consultation is and if they offer a patch test first. All laser clinics in Sydney offer a consultation, however, the price will vary. Most of the time, they are free of charge. Or if a payment is required, many times this fee is then deducted from a treatment that is performed at the clinic. A patch test should be offered to all to see if a laser treatment will react to your skin. This test is only done on a small area of the skin.
- Find out how many procedures the clinic you want to perform the procedure are done on either a weekly or monthly basis. This will allow one to feel more relaxed in knowing the procedure he or she wants has been done many times before. A clinic that can not tell one upfront how many procedures is done may not be the best choice.
- How much is the procedure? Usually more often than not, the clinic will not be able to give an exact price without a consultation first. Nor will they be able to tell one how many treatments will be needed. For this a patient will need to be examined first. Do not be swayed by the cheapest price. Always look for quality, but compare each clinic consulted to make the best decision. At the consultation, the physician should be able to give an exact price for each treatment for different devices.
- Always find out what the risks are of each procedure done. It is always reassuring to know if a physician will go over risks and complications. Also find out if there are complications, what the clinic is willing to do to make it right.
By asking these questions at various clinics, one will be able to see which clinic will be able to live up the your expectations. Do your research first and the best clinic will fall into your hands.
About Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers, or injectable wrinkle fillers, are a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that uses a variety of non-toxic substances to fill lines and creases in the skin, giving the skin a youthful and glowing look at far less cost and risk than cosmetic surgery; the treatment is normally quick, often completing in less than half an hour and the results can last anywhere from four months to well over a year.
Dermal fillers are also known as ‘volumizers’ as they work by plumping up the skin and providing more volume to any part of the body that may be wrinkling or sagging; while dermal fillers are not suitable for skin that is overly aged, sagging or damaged, most minor wrinkling can in fact benefit from what is often called the ‘liquid facelift’.
From restoring the youthful look of your skin to plumping the lips and softening creases before they get too deep, this quick and gentle treatment can also be used in conjunction with a variety of other treatments to achieve the results you desire.
What to Expect
The procedure itself is quick and easy; your surgeon will assess your face in order to determine the best areas for augmentation according to your requested results and will then proceed to map a strategy; after cleaning the area thoroughly, your surgeon will perform the injections, which should take a mere few seconds per site and only a few moments in total.
After the procedure, you’ll be offered an ice pack in order to combat any discomfort, which will be minimal if it does occur, and you’ll be on your way.
A couple of points to keep in mind; upon completing the procedure, it’s vital to avoid putting pressure on the injection sites as doing so may risk shifting the filler.
While in most cases the procedure does not require an anesthetic, if you require a deeper injection which is fairly common in areas such as the nasolabial folds and marionette lines along the side of the mouth, you may be offered a local anesthetic in order to ensure your comfort.
Risks and Special Considerations
Recovery is generally very quick with this procedure, particularly as it is only minimally invasive; complications are very rare and rarely serious, and can involve a small bit of bruising and/or swelling which will disappear within a couple of days.
One very rare yet potentially serious complication of dermal filler procedures is an allergic reaction to the injected substance, and in order to eliminate any allergy-associated risks, all patients are required to participate in a pre-allergy test for any filler which is not derived from a human source.
Other very minor possible complications range from acne to slight itching, redness, skin sensitivity and/or temporary numbness or paralysis.
Talk to your surgeon before undergoing any procedure in order to ensure that you’re aware of any risk and that all possible precautions have been taken.
So if you’re looking for a quick and easy, non-invasive way to enhance your looks and give your skin that youthful, glowing look, dermal fillers are a safe and effective cosmetic procedure that will give you stunning results.
For more information, contact your cosmetic surgeon today and book a consultation; you won’t regret it!